Welcomes service and emotional support/psychiatric service animals in the cabin at no additional charge. You will be asked at the airport to verify the service the animal provides.
Definition of animal roles:
Service Animals: A service animal has been trained to perform a specific task to assist the customer traveling such as pathfinding, providing stability, alerting to sounds, etc.
Emotional Support Animals: An emotional support animal or psychiatric service animal provides comfort to support a customer’s diagnosed mental or emotional disorder. Emotional support animals need not have specific training for that function, while psychiatric service animals are task trained. All must be trained to behave appropriately in a public setting. Acceptable emotional support and psychiatric service animals are limited to dogs, cats, and miniature horses.Your animal must behave appropriately in a public setting and have required documentation as noted below.
- Please add the animal to your reservation when booking online or notify JetBlue at 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583) of the animal’s travel. We must be notified of emotional support animal travel and receive documentation no later than 48 hours prior to departure.
- Emotional support animals are limited to one per customer.
- If you are traveling with more than one service animal, JetBlue will make every reasonable effort to accommodate the space needed. Your animal(s) must fit within the footprint of your seat(s). If your animal(s) is too large to fit in a single footprint in accordance with FAA safety regulations, you may purchase a second seat to guarantee travel or wait for a flight that has suitable empty seats available.
- All animals must remain on the floor; however, if the animal is no larger than a lap infant and is well-behaved, circumstances may permit the animal to remain in your lap.
- No animal is ever allowed to occupy a seat.
- Service animals in training are not accepted for travel on JetBlue.
- Animals that provide comfort for others or skills like drug or bomb detection will not be accepted on JetBlue. Animals accepted as service or emotional support animals must be providing disability mitigation directly to the customer who is traveling.
- JetBlue accepts only dogs, cats, and miniature horses as emotional support animals.